Lab publications (* = KSU graduate students, # = KSU undergraduates)
Pickens, C.L., Fisher, H.*, Bright, N.#, Gallo, M.#, Ray, M.H.#, Anji, A., & Kumari, M. (2016). Prior alcohol consumption does not impair go/no-go discrimination learning, but causes over-responding on go trials, in rats. Behavioural Brain Research, 312, 272-278. Pubmed
Pickens, C.L., Aurand, L.#, Hunt, J.#, & Fisher, H.* (2017). Subchronic anesthetic ketamine injections in rats impair choice reversal learning, but have no effect on reinforcer devaluation. Behavioural Pharmacology, 28, 294-302. Pubmed
Fisher, H.*, Bright, N.#, Gallo, M.#, Pajser, A.*, & Pickens, C.L. (in press). Effects of low-dose adolescent/early adult voluntary alcohol consumption on behavioral flexibility. Behavioural Pharmacology.
Pajser, A.*, Fisher, H.*, Breen, M.#, & Pickens, C.L. (in preparation). The relationship between low-dose adolescent/early adult voluntary alcohol consumption and conditioned fear.
Ray, M.H.#, Hite, T.#, Bright, N.#, Gallo, M.#, & Pickens, C.L. (in preparation). Withdrawal from chronic intermittent access to ethanol alters within-session patterns of responding, but does not impair reversal learning, in rats.
Kallenberger, P.#, Pajser, A.*, Greer, M.#, Limoges, A.#, Ray, M.H.#, Fisher, H.*, & Pickens, C.L. (in preparation). Adolescent, but not adult, alcohol access leads to faster omission contingency learning after extended abstinence.
Ray, M.H.#, & Pickens, C.L. (in preparation). Orbitofrontal cortex lesions improve reversal learning in a novel go/no-go task.
Representative Publications (pre-KSU)
- Pickens, C.L., Saddoris, M.P., Setlow, B., Gallagher, M., Holland, P.C., & Schoenbaum, G. (2003). Different roles for orbitofrontal cortex and basolateral amygdala in a reinforcer devaluation task. Journal of Neuroscience, 23, 11078-11084. Pubmed
- Pickens, C.L., & Holland, P.C. (2004). Conditioning and cognition. Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews, 28, 651-661. Pubmed
- Pickens, C.L. (2008). A limited role for mediodorsal thalamus in devaluation tasks. Behavioral Neuroscience, 122, 659-676. Pubmed
- Pickens, C.L., Golden, S.A., Adams-Deutsch, T., Nair, S.G., & Shaham, Y. (2009). Long-lasting incubation of conditioned fear in rats. Biological Psychiatry, 65, 881-886. Pubmed
- Pickens, C.L., Adams-Deutsch, T., Nair, S.G., Navarre, B.M., Heilig, M., & Shaham, Y. (2009). Effect of pharmacological manipulations of neuropeptide Y and corticotropin-releasing factor neurotransmission on incubation of conditioned fear. Neuroscience, 164, 1398-1406. Pubmed
- Pickens, C.L., Airavaara, M., Theberge, F., Fanous, S., Bruce T. Hope & Shaham, Y. (2011). Neurobiology of incubation of drug craving. Trends in Neurosciences, 34, 411-420. Pubmed
- Pickens, C.L., Cifani, C, Navarre, B.M., Eichenbaum, H., Theberge, F.R., Baumann, M.H., Calu, D.J., & Shaham, Y. (2012). Effect of fenfluramine on yohimbine- and pellet-priming-induced reinstatement of food seeking in food-restricted female and male rats: implications for the predictive validity of the reinstatement procedure. Psychopharmacology. 221, 341-353. Pubmed